I've been struggling with a name over the past few days. The name is important for several reasons. The most important reason right now, the reason why I need to do it first, is so that I can establish a domain with an email address and set up Mail Chimp.
The idea comes for Fulkrum comes from the Archimedes quote: "Give me a lever long enough and fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
This quote joins all parties together around a central idea - moving the world.
Fulkrum.org is available. I'm not 100% in love with the name but it works better than anything else I've thought of so far. In addition, the misspelling allows me to do something cool with the logo. I can turn the "k" into a fulcrum and lever.
Here's one idea

I'll open it up to people who are better at design than me, but I want to give them a general idea.
I would change the lower part of the "k" into a full triangle, like a fulcrum.
Veronica likes a thinner version of the K I drew by hand, with only the bottom leg like a thick triangle.
next steps:
register fulkrum.org
set up hosting (use HostGator since I already have it, or find something better)
create email address (could I do this without setting up a site? I think namecheap gives me that option)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.